Monday, May 4, 2009

Today....

It is funny to me how the oddest of moments can strike me and I can be brought almost to tears. Today has been a little drizzly and at one point Maddox and I were outside in that drizzle. He wanted to jump on the trampoline so I decided why not. So jump we did. Me at about 34 weeks pregnant and him having a ball. It struck me how glad I was that I took in that moment. I know it will be harder to find those moments when we add a third boy to our house. Yet I know that the moments with all of them will be even greater. I am grateful to be able to be home with my boys and I would not trade this life for any thing on earth.

Maddox is in his big boy bed full time now. He has been for a week. The crib has been remade into a baby bed again and Maddox even calls that room the baby's room now (he moved rooms- not just beds). He knows mommy has a baby in her belly and he has been to the doc with me a couple times. So now he pulls up my shirt and says " doctor look at mommy's belly" It is so cute. There is nothing he can't say and I am amazed at how much that little boy can understand. He is really interacting with other kids too, especially his friend Hollister from church. They both get so excited to see each other. We can't even mention church without him saying; I go see Hollister- I go play Hollister over and over and over. It is really cute.

Cody is doing good as well. He is looking forward to summer (of course) and is even excited about having another brother. At night after Maddox is in bed we usually watch something on tv together while having a snack. He always lays his head or his hand on my belly and tries to find a part of the baby. It is so sweet. He is the best big brother and was obviously never intended to be an only child : ) He takes to the roll of big brother perfectly and boy am I glad!

No comments: