Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thinking on being thankful....

I love Thanksgiving more this year than any other year ever. Not sure why that is but I really do. Not just for the insane amount of food! I have been thinking this afternoon about how much I have to be grateful for. I would never have imagined my life would be this crazy fun and amazing! I have so much running through my mind that I guess the easiest thing is just to get it all out on paper (or electronic paper anyway)....

I am thankful that God never gave up on me, especially when I gave up on myself.
I am grateful for my kids, who remind me often that life really is so much fun.
I am thankful for my husband, who makes me laugh more than any other person ever has.
I am thankful that Cody still wants to cuddle up next to me on the couch every morning and every night (just like he is doing right now!).
I am thankful for Bennett's sweet smile that greets me every time he sees me.
I am thankful for Maddox's contagious laugh and his wild child spirit!
I am thankful for the best grandparents on earth. They have prayed for me every day for as long as i have existed. Their love guides me even now.
I am thankful for my mom, even when we don't get see eye to eye. She has sacrificed so much to raise me alone and I owe her the world.
I am thankful for reconnecting with my dad. It has healed deep wounds that I had tried to ignore.
I am thankful for afternoons spent throwing the football with Cody- even if he does tease me for throwing like a girl and never catching a thing!
I am thankful for fun hours watching our favorite shows as a family, Survivor, Amazing Race, AI...
I am thankful for memories I know my boys will have when they are grown.
I am thankful that they will always have each other. I pray they will always be as close as they are today.
I am thankful for a roof over my head and food on my table.
I am thankful that Mark has been laid off twice now- it has taught us how to rely on God instead of ourselves. It has taught us trust we never would have known existed.
I am thankful for a husband I know is in it for the long haul.
I am thankful for his sweet words and crazy teasing- and that he knows when to do each.
I am thankful for fantastic in laws. I will never forget reading in a card they gave me at our wedding that they had been praying for me since the day Mark was born.
I am thankful for Bennett's sweet baby toes and how he loves to chew on them : )
I am thankful for Cody's love of life. He is the most resilient kid I have ever known.
I am thankful God chose me to be the mom to my three boys. I can't imagine one minute without them.
I am thankful for late night feedings, when I get a little quiet time with B.
I am thankful for Maddox wanting to go everywhere I go. I know there will come a time when he will not be with me all the time and I will miss these days so much.
I am thankful that my boys are all healthy. I will cherish tucking them in tonight and every night because I know many parents do not have that luxury.
I am thankful for friends who have walked through the last few years with me. I have been shown more grace, compassion and love that I could ever have imagined existed.
I am thankful that Cody loves his little bros, even when he says they drive him crazy.
I am thankful for cameras. I want to remember every moment of these years with my kids.
I am thankful for scrapbooking and the joy it brings to my soul.
I am thankful that Jesus broke through space and time to save me from myself.
I am thankful for freedoms I can never fully appreciate.
I am thankful for a husband that encourages me and believes in me every day.
I am thankful for Tuesday morning play dates. I so look forward to them these days.
I am thankful for W242, without which I am not sure what I would do.
I am thankful for how much God has given me and I pray I can be faithful in every detail.
I am thankful for love, for giving and receiving it.
I am thankful for Maddox's awestruck amazement at Christmas lights this year.
I am thankful that I have free access to my Savior and that he brings me soul a little more alive every day.
I am beyond grateful for the knowledge that my soul is safe no matter how much I screw up.

1 comment:

Amber Greenawalt said...

That was beautiful Heather! Thank you for sharing. I did a very similar thing on my blog...I found myself tearing up with gratitude as I reaD through my own list...which is exactly how we should feel on this blessed day...overwhelmingly thankful! So glad to have met and got to know you!! :)