Wow it has been SO long since I updated this. I guess I am busier than I realize with these three crazy boys. Life continues to chug along at a break neck pace. Bennett is almost 5 months onnld now and still the easiest baby in the history of babies. He sleeps great, he eats great and he is never fussy for no reason. How did I get so lucky? The downside to that is that he makes me wany more babies...well not more babies really...just one more baby. But my wonderful husband says no way! Bennett is just happy wherever he is... jumpy thing-loves it, saucer- loves it, laying on the floor-loves it, Maddox roaring in his face-loves ..oh no wait he hates that. Maddox, oh Maddox what a mess he is. He is so dramatic lately. Drives me totally nuts. But then he turns on the charm and is so sweet! He loves to "nuggle" on the couch with me, drink yo baby, and watch a movie. He even asks for those things, in that order, every single day. I can not resist the snuggle request. I always make him promise that he will always snuggle with me on the couch. We will see how long that lasts! He is in a major mommy stage right now which is hard with Bennett around too. Maddox still talks more than any 2 year old I have ever seen. He can say some pretty nutty stuff. I have finally started keeping a list so I can add them to his scrap book. I can tell how clean my house is based on his attitude. When I take the time to really focus on cleaning he doesn't get as much attention and then pesters Bennett to tears. Poor Bennett he really has to be laid back to survive 2 older brothers. Cody isn't like that to Bennett yet. He is still super sweet to him.
Now Cody and Maddox that is a different story. Having grown up an only child it is simply amazing to me the bond of siblings. Cody and Madddox already push each others buttons. Cody does it by pushing the boundry when they are wrestling and pinning Maddox or just annoying him until he screams (which doesn't take long!). Or Cody pushes the limit on trying to get Maddox to hug or kiss him. It is so funny because Maddox knows that Cody wants that affection from him so he taunts him with it. Cody has tried so many times to get Maddox to say that Cody is his best friend and Maddox never will go for it. He insists that Hollister is his best friend. Drives Cody crazy! Very cute things you jsut can't get from anyone but your siblings. I pray they are always close. I know it is too early for them to graso right now but I try to tell them as much as possible that their brother is their most important ally in life. I want them to look out for each other, after they get done driving each other batty!
Cody has done pretty good with middle school so far. He has had a little bit of a learning curve but I knew that this year would be the year that would test him. He isn't the most organized kid (but than again is any 11 year old boy organized?) and having to change classes 6 times and deal with a locker was hard to start with. There were many days that we ended up back at school because he had forgotten something. He is in the band this year. He had to try out at the end of last year and got perrcussion which is what we really wanted. He plays the bells - which look like a xylaphone to me- and the snare drum. The first few days of practice with the drum sure tested my patience. It is SO loud. Now he just keeps a practice pad and home and the drum only comes home on Friday. I can't wait to see their first concert on Dec 15!




No comments:
Post a Comment