Thursday, January 1, 2009

The story of Cordur-boy

I took this one tonight.... This was his first night with Cordur-boy




I just love this. When Mark was little he had a bear - most of you have probably read the book- his name is Corduroy. Mark called him Cordur-boy. His mom holds onto everything (note to self- hold onto everything!) and last week she gave Maddox Cordur-boy. He simply loves him. The bear itself is pushing 30 years old and so he is all worn out and faded. His fur is pushed down and the cords on his overalls are worn out. But that matters not to my little boy. The first night he slept with Corduboy he spent 25 mintues in his crib in the dark saying to him- What's that? That's your nose, What's that? That's your hair. What's that? That's your hands, and so one and so on through every body part and through all his clothes and buttons etc. It was the sweetest thing ever. I managed to get some on tape and I got the pictures below, one from just a few minutes ago. I never want to forget things like this.

No comments: